Eating

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Chunky's mom

Reaction score
I've had my betta for over a week. He swims around but won't eat. I've tried the reg betta pellets then tiny baby ones and dried crushed baby shrimp. I think he's blind and can't smell. I drop it in same place he swims up to same area in the front of the tank I put it in front of his face it floats around and he ignorss.it. I've tried different times of the day and evening.

I've had my betta for over a week. He swims around but won't eat. I've tried the reg betta pellets then tiny baby ones and dried crushed baby shrimp. I think he's blind and can't smell. I drop it in same place he swims up to same area in the front of the tank I put it in front of his face it floats around and he ignorss.it. I've tried different times of the day and evening.
This is what I use.
8386192A-6270-4AEA-A928-B822C83D4D5C.jpeg

I've done that. Bought a new heater. I'll try to go out in am for the food. I'm handicapped so some time have a problem but will make a special effort. Ty
Do you have anyone that could help you out then?

If you catch small flies, mosquitoes, mozzie larvae, aphids, or other non toxic insects, you can offer them to the fish too. make sure they are free of chemicals (bug sprays, etc).

If you are heading out to get frozen fish foods, take a towel or esky (cooler) with you. Get the shop to wrap the food with paper and then put it in the cooler for the trip home. Keep the frozen foods frozen and break a small bit off each day and offer to the fish. Remove any uneaten food after a couple of minutes.

In the UK, that is indeed how they are sold. But this tank has just a betta and even one 'blister' block is waaaay too much for him, he'll only need a tiny bit cut off a block for one meal. It always amazes my just how much food that small blister block holds once it's thawed out.

No ... but I have to pick my granddaughters up from the bus stop. Does Walmart sell it by any chance?
At the walmart near me they don't... Its better not to waste a trip and just go to your closest pet store (depending on how far)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back