Easy Way To Get Rid Of Aiptasia

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

AndyS

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Well i was just looking at my tank this morning and noticed a small aiptasia lurking near a frag of zoo's i bought at the weekend, i have never had aiptasia in my tank before so this miffed me a bit, and made the decision to manually remove it.

I have heard that trying to squash it etc will release spores and lead to new anenomes forming so instead i got a wide nosed turkey baster (0.99p from sainsburies btw) and literally sucked it off the top of the rock, then squirted it into a little mixing ttub i have, he is still intact in the tub. Hopefully this wont have caused any spores to be released and hasnt cost me a penny!

Just something worth thinking about.

Andy

Cool idea and very useful if you only have one or two of the things in your tank to contend with. Certainly cheaper than a peppermint shrimp lol. :good:

I did something similar when I had Majano in my tank. Works a treat for the little ones. For a bigger nem you are better with a big syringe which you suck the guts out with first then suck off the jelly like body after. Very satisfying :p

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back