Easy Red Plants

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Thereā€™s also oriental sword. Itā€™s not a deep red, but itā€™s new leaves grow in a reddish color.
Thanks, Iā€™ll have to check availability. Occurred to me Iā€˜ve never seen red plants at the LFS & not from the online vendor I use in NJ either. The plant store mentioned here a few days back, has several red varieties. Itā€™s the big place in California.

The Aquarium Plant Factory wanted a tip! LOL! Never saw this before from a retail merchant & Iā€˜ve shopped a lot online for 20 years. The suggestions were 10%, 15%, 20% & None. Guess what I selected. I had to bump up the order to $80 to qualify for free shipping. Hope they donā€™t ship the dregs to us non-tippers.

F6011AC0-7D1F-42E2-9EA8-20045C8C606B.png
Most of the red plants I saw yesterday were sold out. So were most of the Swords. I got these.

I do have two unused 48ā€ LED strips I could use for enhanced lighting, but I have to consider whatā€˜s best for the fish. I am also thinking about placing an opaque cover over part of the tank in case the light bothers my fish.

marcusfishtank sells some really nice pinto anubia as well as some fantastic flamingo crypt - but i would not put a flamingo crypt in a 24 inch tall low tech tank. I have some in my low tech 5 and it is struggling and some in my high-tech 40B and it is doing really well and is a solid pink. Don't get me wrong aquarium plant factory is not bad and they have a huge selection; but other places i prefer include marcusfishtank and aquariumplants. Dustinfishtank is also ok. the biggest problem with marcusfishtank is their selection is small and frequently i can't find the plants i'm looking for but then again most of the plants i want these days are not sold by any of the shops.

Last edited:
The tips section is probably just the point of sale app they use. Just my guess anyway. If I worked at a place that had a tip section I definitely wouldnā€™t do much to remove it. Iā€™m sure some people slap a tip on there.

Edit disclaimer: I work in the tourism/service industry we gladly take your tips

The tips section is probably just the point of sale app they use. Just my guess anyway. If I worked at a place that had a tip section I definitely wouldnā€™t do much to remove it. Iā€™m sure some people slap a tip on there.

Edit disclaimer: I work in the tourism/service industry we gladly take your tips
Found it strange because Iā€™ve never seen it for a retail merchant. I do tip generously as appropriate, but canā€™t see doing it for a fish plant store.

At least it defaults to None. Iā€˜ve seen places that go to 15%. Usually for political donations

Have you tried ludwigia palustris super red? It's easy and gets really red and grows fast. I have it in my 5 gal and it's doing well, and is recovering from the algae period. Also, because it's a stem plant, to propagate all you need to do is to snip a stem off and replant it.

Have you tried ludwigia palustris super red? It's easy and gets really red and grows fast. I have it in my 5 gal and it's doing well, and is recovering from the algae period. Also, because it's a stem plant, to propagate all you need to do is to snip a stem off and replant it.
Not sure, name sounds like one I ordered thatā€™s been shipped. These names are Greek to me. Or is it Latin? šŸ˜„

Not sure, name sounds like one I ordered thatā€™s been shipped. These names are Greek to me. Or is it Latin? šŸ˜„
That was one of the plants you high-lighted from aquariumplantfactory - no clue if you actually ordered it.

Checked my order. That one went out of stock overnight, as did others. I ordered several Alternanthera Reineckii. Familiar with it?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back