Easy plants to take care of for a 5 gallon

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Bettaguy08

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I want to get a 5 gallon aquarium and want to use live plants, itā€™s my first time Iā€™m gonna use live plants and I want to know what plants I should get for it and that would look nice and be ez to take care of.

I want to get a 5 gallon aquarium and want to use live plants, itā€™s my first time Iā€™m gonna use live plants and I want to know what plants I should get for it and that would look nice and be ez to take care of.
Well, are you looking for ones that will need to be planted in the substrate or ones that attach themselves to rocks and other decor? Or floating plants?

Well, are you looking for ones that will need to be planted in the substrate or ones that attach themselves to rocks and other decor? Or floating plants?
Whatā€™s the difference between the ones you have to attach to decor and rocks and the ones that have to be in the gravel? Which one is easier in your opinion?

Whatā€™s the difference between the ones you have to attach to decor and rocks and the ones that have to be in the gravel? Which one is easier in your opinion?
stuff that can be attatched to decor
they can absorb nutrients using leaves

Well ones that attach to decor cant be planted in substrate because the rhizome and roots will rot...

What

I think narrow leaf Java fern would be a good option, what should I get for it though. Does it need a specific type of substrate? What do you need to keep it?
Do NOT put it in substrate... You're gonna kill it.

What

I think narrow leaf Java fern would be a good option, what should I get for it though. Does it need a specific type of substrate? What do you need to keep it?
All java ferns and java swords are substrate plants. Aqua soil is always the best, but other options would be river sand and possible pea gravel. Fine grained grit works well. With plants the finer the better.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back