Easiest Plants?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Lisa67

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello!  I have an established tank that I'd like to add plants to.  Although I am an avid gardener, I did not have luck with aquarium plants when I tried it several years ago.  I just redid my tank...it now homes angelfish, tetras and 2 bolivian rams.  As much as I'd love to really love to go crazy with plants, I just don't have time to learn about them right now.  Are there any REALLY easy plants for aquariums?  My lighting is just a regular 40watt aquarium bulb. (I rarely turn it on because there is enough natural light in the room for the fish, however, I would be willing to leave it on as needed for plants).  Any advice is appreciated.                    Lisa 

Aanubias 

Java fern

Most types of moss

Elodea 

Crypts

T has pretty much listed all the easiest ones. amazon swords are too difficult either.

OK, thank you.  Do I have to leave my lights on for a certain number of hours per day?

Bacoupa, is a nice hardy plant that puts roots down well even in undergravel systems, 

watch out for people selling Dracanea its a garden plant , looks  nice in the tank but will rott , 
(black listed ) 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back