Easiest Plants to grow

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Also- you wont read elsewhere? I've noticed since it (pearlweed)became a sizeable plant? I am able to stretch water changes and the aquariums other plants look much better than in my once a week routine I had. I can't print out stats..just observations I'm seeing much less black algae.brush and the stuff that looks like black spray paint on Anubias. Every other week or so..if longer fine, is the new routine.
It and Cryptocoryne balansae are looking lush and real competition for bad algae.
I have to agree that in general where plants grow readily algae is sufficiently reduced; though I still do regular bi-weekly water changes. I don't have pearlweed; not even sure what it looks like but I do have other fast growing plants like hornworth and italia val; they require regular weekly pruning do to aggressive growth.

Can anyone tell me what this plant is called? (The one in front)

Attachments

• IMG20211107113439.jpg
    IMG20211107113439.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 43
I like this one but the leaves seems to be turning yellow and dropping off. Does anyone know what this one's called?

Attachments

• IMG20211107113448.jpg
    IMG20211107113448.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 40
Do you know of any plants that are easy to grow but like low light?
Java fern and anubia are best bet. Both family of plants have a lot of options to pick from so you can still make things a bit diverse. Depending on your defn of low light some crypts might also work.

Java fern and anubia are best bet. Both family of plants have a lot of options to pick from so you can still make things a bit diverse. Depending on your defn of low light some crypts might also work.
Oh ok thank you. I will check it out. Can these be planted in the substrate? I have 2 Anubia and 1 java Fern already but not doing that well. Planted on some drift wood

Brazilian Pennywort (hydrocotyle leucocephala) is an easy to grow plant and also incredibly versatile.
It can grow floating with its leaves looking like small lilly pads. It can be planted and grow stem like, and also be pushed down into the substrate and it'll grow out carpeted. Some of mine has decided to leave the tank altogether and grow on the lid emersed where its now grown small white flowers

You can't go wrong with Crypts. I would call them the very best aquarium plants of them all. They also grow just fine in almost any substrate. I now see why Europeans were once Crypt crazy and made trips to Asia for new species back a few decades ago. Before Amano put the colorful stem plants and also the epiphytes in the spotlight.
I think both of your plants are Hygrophila..one of the large leafed and the other H.polysperma? But I could be wrong..they also look like what grows as an aquatic weed. You didn't collect those from a local creek did you?

You can't go wrong with Crypts. I would call them the very best aquarium plants of them all. They also grow just fine in almost any substrate. I now see why Europeans were once Crypt crazy and made trips to Asia for new species back a few decades ago. Before Amano put the colorful stem plants and also the epiphytes in the spotlight.
I think both of your plants are Hygrophila..one of the large leafed and the other H.polysperma? But I could be wrong..they also look like what grows as an aquatic weed. You didn't collect those from a local creek did you?
Do you mean that the one with the large green leaf is Hygrophila "something" and the other is H.polysperma. I took this list to the lfs he gave me the right ones. Now I'm trying to work out if it's suitable for my tank.

I have Limnophila Sessiliflora which I thought was Hygrophila Siamensis. But it's growing 2 kinds of algae. I should remove it then?

Oh ok thank you. I will check it out. Can these be planted in the substrate? I have 2 Anubia and 1 java Fern already but not doing that well. Planted on some drift wood
You can put them in the substrate; but you have to be very careful to make sure the rhizome stays above the substrate so water can flow around it; else they will rot.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back