Early Stages Of Ich?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

GetItSahn

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I couldn't get a picture of my other ram buy i recently bought two blue rams and once I got them in my tank I noticed some white dots. I can't use salt in this tank but I have slightly raised the temperature and used rid-ich+. Am I overreacting or does this appear to be ich?
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:74020]
the two spots visible on this one are on the left fin (fish's right fin) and to the left of the eye.

sorry the picture showed up twice, same fish.

Attachments

• IMG_0060 (612x459).jpg
    IMG_0060 (612x459).jpg
    36 KB · Views: 80
Are they scratching themselves on rocks?

Ryan10 said:
Are they scratching themselves on rocks?

I've only had them two days, yesterday they exhibited abnormal behavior such as extreme skittishness but I attribute that to being in a new tank. Today they seem much more comfortable. I have not noticed any scratching/rubbing against decorations but I am keeping an eye out for it. They have pretty good appetites and I also have NOT noticed any respiratory problems.but again I am continuously observing them in case this does come up

I'd say its the beginning stages of Ich. Blue Rams are supposedly prone to it.  Since you have caught it early it hopefully won't get any worse. How high is your temp now you've raised it?  

kiwifeather said:
I'd say its the beginning stages of Ich. Blue Rams are supposedly prone to it.  Since you have caught it early it hopefully won't get any worse. How high is your temp now you've raised it?  
82-84, i don't want to push it TOO far such as 88 due to other members of the tank possibly not tolerating it

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back