E.I. Progress

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yep makes perfect sense, if you can maintain those parameters that would be really good although its not written in stone its probably a good idea nonetheless to avoid any problems.

Just keep testing for another while and soon enough you will be able to do away with the test kits, just bear in mind though as you add and subtract from the plant biomass that the uptake rate will change, for instance if you remove fast growing plants and replace them with slower growing plants this will change the balance, and obviously if you added lots of fast growing plants they in turn would require more nutrients, but normally if the tank is left alone and you are happy with the setup, the nutrient uptake remains pretty much the same.

You are making very fast progress just dont forget about the co2 (sorry i had to throw that in couldnt be all good) :D

HA HA....beat ya to it. I tested that this morning too and I am at 31.2ppm.....I didn't mention it cause all is good in that regards :D

I will be adding more plants thisweek or next week as I have ordered some through a store and also won some Ebay auctions!!!!

Sounds good, might be time for some pics soon enough, looking foreward to them:)

End of WEEK 1 E.I.

Before starting the E.I. Admittedly there are more plants nopw but the ones I did have, i.e. the swords, look HEAPS better
IMGP1021.jpg

So, heres a full tank shot....be nice, it took a lot of courage to post this pic.....mostly because of my bad photography skills but also because there are so many awesomely beautiful tanks on here
IMGP1293.jpg

So now to the stats. I did a water change and replaced one of my CO2 mixtures....readings after dosing ferts are:

NO3=between 10 and 20ppm....I am guessing maybe 15ppm YAY!!!
PO4=1ppm
KH=140ppm, 7.8deg
pH=6.9 hence CO2=29.5ppm :thumbs:

My plants after water change are pearling like mad....here is an example
IMGP1307.jpg

So.....week one done and charging ahead into week 2 :kana:

what are you like?! Your tank look lovely. I too wish you'd posted 'before' pics, but whether it looks the same better or worse, you tank in its current state looks gorgeous. I don't know what you were worried about?

I look forward to seeing more pics in weeks to come :)

Your tank looks great, i did see some before pics where you had built up the terracing and i think you had riccia on a piece of wood, it looks very different now you must be very pleased, i thinks its a really good job.

From "giving up" to this is quite an achievement, very well done, just stick at it, you can only improve things in the tank now, the only way is up.

Everything is looking good to me AP, just a zig says.

The proof is in the pudding - when you have a tank full of growing plants with no nuisance algae you know you're onto a winner. Once you get the feel for EI you won't look back, trust me on that ;)

Keep up the good work.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back