Tank size: 60 litres
pH: 6.6... Hard to say with api kit
ammonia: 0
nitrite: 0
nitrate: 5-10
kH:
gH:
tank temp: 24

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior): struggling to swim

Volume and Frequency of water changes: changed 75% on Thursday before adding a fish

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank: nothing apart from dechlorinator and

Tank inhabitants: 4 male guppies

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration): one moss ball and 4 guppies on Thursday

Exposure to chemicals: none

Didn't check ph before adding fish, I think this ph is too low for guppies. What can we do?

well you need a ratio of 1 male to 3 female guppies so they aren't harassed to much. now that i learned that guppies can take a max of 8 tablespoons of salt in one gallon of water.. i have mine in brackish water and they are breeding and having a ball lol.
i would say add some salt to the water. salt helps kill unneeded things in the water. i believe. makes the colours come out and fins not trapped together.
does your guppy have frayed fins?
is it a he or she?
how many males to female?
is he or she eating? if they are doing that then the fish is still good .. really sucks when they stop eating.
if it is a female.. she pregnant? if so she huge? could be having babies. they usually do what your fish is doing now. lesson colour etc.

i keep my guppies at a tempurature of 26'C.
oxygenate the water with a small bubblier

The ratio of male to female only matters if you have males and females. A male only tank is just fine.

well you need a ratio of 1 male to 3 female guppies so they aren't harassed to much. now that i learned that guppies can take a max of 8 tablespoons of salt in one gallon of water.. i have mine in brackish water and they are breeding and having a ball lol.
i would say add some salt to the water. salt helps kill unneeded things in the water. i believe. makes the colours come out and fins not trapped together.
is it a he or she?
is he or she eating? if they are doing that then the fish is still good .. really sucks when they stop eating.
if it is a female.. she pregnant? if so she huge? could be having babies. they usually do what your fish is doing now. lesson colour etc.

8 tablespoons of salt to one gallon? Isn't it a bit too high? Guppies are freshwater species and as far as I know 1 tbsp for 5 gallons on a permanent basis is the most.

The others are absolutely fine. Because of the water parameters p@h gave us a refund. They got the ph as 7.0 which is closer to what I thought it would be.
Likely to be a poorly fish from the start then?

And yes, male only tank so that we don't have to kill the fry! Tank isn't big enough for lots of little 'uns!

is it a he or she?

8 tablespoons of salt to one gallon? Isn't it a bit too high? Guppies are freshwater species and as far as I know 1 tbsp for 5 gallons on a permanent basis is the most.
my guppies are in my brackish tank with my red clawed crab. since they have babies mad fast i threw some in there to see what happens.. mine survive and are breeding like crazy, fry survive as well in water like that.

is it a he or she?

my guppies are in my brackish tank with my red clawed crab. since they have babies mad fast i threw some in there to see what happens.. mine survive and are breeding like crazy, fry survive as well in water like that.

Mine survived and bred like crazy in pure freshwater too. It would be interesting to know in 2-3 years time how long yours lived for, just out of curiousity

is it a he or she?

Mine survived and bred like crazy in pure freshwater too. It would be interesting to know in 2-3 years time how long yours lived for, just out of curiousity
yes... well i shall see and report in 2-3 years lol..

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back