Dyed Glass Catfish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Phantom Thief

Population Control Volunteer
Reaction score
I went to the lfs a few days back, and guess what they had in one of the tanks?

That's right, DYED glass cats. It was SO freaky looking, just horrible!!!

I thought glass cats were supposed to be very sensitive, how could they have survived the dyeing? -_-

P.T.

how was it dyed? There s a species of glass catfish that naturally has a stripe down the side, might it have been those and not a dyed fish?

100% sure it is dyed, unless there are natural occuring pink and green glass catfish, which i doubt :/

P.T.

I don't know much about a catfish's sensitivity (besides no salt), but I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume that a large number didn't make it through the dying :(

I just watched a show about animal cruelty, and did I see fish? NO

All dyed fish are so sad, but glasscats omgosh, I can't believe any of them survived :/

I'll bet that they won't live very long. :byebye:

These delicate little catfish are hard enough to keep under the best of circumstances. :X

They are lovely, but hard to keep for long. It's a credit to any fishkeeper who can do it. :thumbs:

:(

why would they try and screw up an awsome fish?theyre just going to get complaints when all their customers come back and complain that the fish died a few hours after they put it in their tank

DD

Exactly! THey had some 'X-ray fish' I think they were at a shop I went to. I was like "wow! THey're see through! And so cool!"

oh no :( i geuss it was only a matter of time..although i kinda hoped people were moving away from dyed fish as they became more aware of them :/

I had bought three glass catfish around 3 months ago and two of them died. The survivor is still alive but very lonely. My LPS hasn't gotten any glass cats in for a long time. Finally I just had to special order some. I couldn't stand seeing my glass cat so lonely. Hopefully they will come in tomorrow. I will probably by 2 or 3 more. =) They are kind of hard fish to keep, but once your tank is pretty mature they should be fine. As long as you have good/consistant water conditions. :D

At my LFS I saw a very grotese sight....I stormed off...There were dyed red-finned Botia Loaches...over 2/3s were dead and an albino red fin shark that had two little pirple stripes and was sick! All this just for two little stripes!

To Endilliteracy...similar for me as per the glass cats. However, I found two recently at my lfs. The single cat that was hovering in the corner by itself is now hangin' midtank with the other two. So, they definitely do better with others. Ole. SH

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back