Dwarf Ram

Swampman

Reaction score
Rams have been my favorite since I had my first fish tank many many years ago. This photo shows how colorful they are.
good ram web.jpg

I would love to keep Rams, just every had the funds/time. :/

When you say Dwarf Ram, is there a scientific name you could provider? Technically all Ram Cichlids are dwarfs - so what type of variant would this be?

This is Mikrogeophagus ramirezi. Same as the German blue ram. This is a balloon variety of M. ramirezi.

Any ram that you see that isn't a standard Bolivian will be one of the M. ramirezi variants.

This is Mikrogeophagus ramirezi. Same as the German blue ram. This is a balloon variety of M. ramirezi.

Any ram that you see that isn't a standard Bolivian will be one of the M. ramirezi variants.

I thought that it was a balloon variety; I just rarely see them around my area so I was very confused!

It's a beautiful fish; I'm just not one for buying balloon varieties of fish.

Very colorful. I am also not a fan of balloon fish but it is definitely colorful!

It's a fish that has a shorter than usual body shape making it look round. These fish are man-made, by breeding together those fish which had slightly shorter bodies. The fish have problems because all their internal organs are squashed up.
There are a few species of balloon fish - rams and mollies are quite common, but I've also seen images of balloon pearl gouramis.

But please don't buy any. They do come with potential health problems.

Most reactions

trending

Back