Dwarf Puffers

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

BWMartin

Reaction score
Hey i have three dwarf puffers i have just come home to feed them but they wont eat,two will hardly swim around and the other is just sat at the bottom of the tank only moving his eyes and it also looks like it has puffed up a few times.

Size of the tank
Water parameters
How long have you had the puffers
Were they eating before ?
Tank mates?

The tank is a 30 litre tank i have had them for around a month, i don't know the water parameters and they where eatting before
I checked them the next day and the where happy swimming and eatting fine
they have no tank mates its just the three of them

The tank is a 30 litre tank i have had them for around a month, i don't know the water parameters and they where eatting before
I checked them the next day and the where happy swimming and eatting fine
they have no tank mates its just the three of them

What are you feeding them?

a 30l tank is nowhere near big enough for 3 dwarf puffers, they may be tiny but they are so territorial that they need their own defined territories. The normal size is 20l per dwarf puffer minimum. Unless you have clearly defined your tank into 3rds and they stay in their territory that explains why one has puffed up, if the others have attacked it trying to get territories. If i were you, i would get the one that is looking ill into a breeding trap in the tank right away. Make sure the others can't get to it and each has his own space.
When i lived with someone who had dwarf puffers the only way that she could get them to eat was bloodworm. Are you varying their diet?
xxx

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back