Dwarf Pufferfish not eating

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kerrynic

Reaction score
Hey, I got two dwarf Pufferfish on Saturday and it was suggested to feed today and let them settle in. I have popped half a cube of frozen brine shrimp in this morning and the pair of them are not interested whatsoever. They are both still resting and not properly up and about. I'm learning about them and their behaviour but is this normal for this breed and maybe more obviously I feed later in the morning once they are up and about?

Attachments

• IMG_20220530_090608.jpg
    IMG_20220530_090608.jpg
    386.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20220530_090745.jpg
    IMG_20220530_090745.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 31
They may just need more time

But may I ask, was the tank cycled before that were put in?

Snails - snails and more snails.
They are snail eaters and although they do obviously take other food they may not do so until they are starving.
It's like feeding barbeque beef to a vegan.

They may just need more time

But may I ask, was the tank cycled before that were put in?
I had to set up an emergency tank (not related to the Pufferfish) so used water from my tank that's been running for 8 months. I checked all the water and as it was testing fine, I got the Pufferfish. I checked all of this with the store and they said it would be fine.

They are eating now and swimming around. I'll keep checking the water and get them some snails. Thank you

They are eating now and swimming around. I'll keep checking the water and get them some snails. Thank you
Bladder snails. They'll always be there. Hate them as much as I do, they are probably the best thing for your situation

Bladder snails. They'll always be there. Hate them as much as I do, they are probably the best thing for your situation
I have snails in my other tank (lots of them), they crept in on a plant most likely. I have no idea what breed they are but do you think I could transfer some over? Can't say I am a fan of the pests!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back