Dwarf hairgrass

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mhancock

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Has anyone has any experience of dwarf hairgrass? I'd love to get the green carpet look in a tank that has soil underneath the gravel so it's an environment where plants tend to do well.

Is there a better option, or anything I should know before buying/planning?

Thanks,

Mark

I’ve never used it but I read someone else say not to use it because it rots.. Was it @Colin?

Hair Grass is not an aquatic plant and usually rots within a few weeks of being under water.

Liliopsis might do better but requires bright light otherwise it rots too.

Pygmy Chain swords are my choice of small ground covering plants for an aquarium.

Has anyone has any experience of dwarf hairgrass? I'd love to get the green carpet look in a tank that has soil underneath the gravel so it's an environment where plants tend to do well.

Is there a better option, or anything I should know before buying/planning?

Thanks,

Mark
Never tried to keep it, but have heard it is difficult. Def high light.

Edit: ^^ there ya go. Not a plant to keep under water. I love my micro sword. Super easy.

Java moss is great for a carpet. You put down a netting and let the moss grow on it.

I've read that Java moss can clog up the filter, had anyone found this to be true?

If Java Moss is not attached to something, then it will be drawn into the filter and can stop the filter and pump from working. If you put a sponge filter over the intake strainer, there is less chance of this happening.

Most reactions

trending

Back