Dwarf Hair Grass

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

julielynn47

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if I have adequate lighting for dwarf hair grass?  I want to put it in a 10 gallon tank and it has an T8, 18 inch Life Glo bulb on the tank.  

personally iv always had trouble with dwarf hair-grass but that may be down to it not liking my water iv tried it in high light and low light, with CO2 and without the best  i got it to grow was in high light with CO2, however it survived in  low light as well, but didn't spread or flourish, i think to get it to grow well you need CO2 however some people have had success without, if your looking for plants which carpet there is a wide range out there.
iv found that Sagittaria Pusilus is fairly easy to grow 
blyax japonica is is quite similar to hair grass, however i dont think it likes liquid carbon (testing my memory here been away from the hobby for 3 years) 
if you have CO2 then theres hermianthus callitrichoides 
if not you can always use moss's to form a carpet, id recommend java and weeping moss as there easy to grow

there are other carpeting plants out there as well, it depends what effect you want to have.   

A carpet plant is what I am looking for.  One that will spread, at least a little bit, and not grow to the top of the tank.  Which one of those you mentioned would be the easiest to get to grow in your opinion?  I don't plan on using C02

Sagittaria Pusilus (dwarf sag)  or Lilaeopsis brasiliensis i found lil the easyer of the 2 or  Glossostigma eletinoides, or a moss species (id recommend weeping as i think it looks nicer)  depending on the look you want 

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back