Dwarf Gouramis

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Gytas

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i like this fish i might get a pair :D

They are great! I have a male and a female and they are very fun to watch, you can see what runs through their little minds. At feeding time they also spit water up! You should get a couple!

I love my Gourami's too but ensure you don't get two males as they can be fiercely aggressive towards each other. A ratio of one male to two females is ideal. Having said that, i only have one female with my male and they get on great but I have lots of places for them to hide if need be.

I love my Gourami's too but ensure you don't get two males as they can be fiercely aggressive towards each other. A ratio of one male to two females is ideal. Having said that, i only have one female with my male and they get on great but I have lots of places for them to hide if need be.

Yes as Livebird said, try and get 1 male per 1 or 2 females as males are territorial and can be agressive towards one another.

I have a male which is probably fully grown and a female which is about 3/4 to her full size and the male does occasionally chase her off but I think they don't mind each other really as most of the time they swim about together.

AW

Yeah try to the ratio of 3:1 females to males. I also just have a pair, whilst the male does occasionally chase the female normally they are fine together.

Yeah try to the ratio of 3:1 females to males. I also just have a pair, whilst the male does occasionally chase the female normally they are fine together.
When i had mine, the female actually harrassed and scared off the male. Never ever saw the male go after or try to attack the female. Male died after 1 month from disease, the female died about 4 months later with the same sort of disease.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back