Dwarf Gouramis With Pearl Gourami?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
i'll update when i get my male dwarf, i'm thinking of getting a powder blue dwarf. :)

Yeah please do, will be interesting to see how they do. Whats your current stocking? i know you have a Pearl, did you have honeys too? did i read that somewhere?

i'll update when i get my male dwarf, i'm thinking of getting a powder blue dwarf. :)

Here's my Dwarf, King Powder, Lord of the Fry!

DSCN0216.jpg

100_0038.jpg

100_0056.jpg

Yeah please do, will be interesting to see how they do. Whats your current stocking? i know you have a Pearl, did you have honeys too? did i read that somewhere?

Here's my male Pearl, King Leeri, Duke of Bowfront

DSCN0198.jpg

DSCN0169.jpg

DSCN0190.jpg

My current stocking is: 1- Red Tailed Shark, 1- Pearl Gourami, 9- Serpae tetra. And I just got a neon blue dwarf gourami (I couldn't find a powder blue), He's a beauty!

Yes i did mention wanting to get a honey gourami, I might get one. I couldn't find any honeys at petco, (where I bought the neon blue dwarf), I'll probably look for one at Sea Scape Aquatics, (a good private owned fish store).

DSCN0198.jpg

DSCN0169.jpg

DSCN0190.jpg

The final additions to my 55 gallon will probably be Cardinal Tetras or Emperor Tetras, wich of these do you think will look best with my stocking (listed above)?

The final additions to my 55 gallon will probably be Cardinal Tetras or Emperor Tetras, wich of these do you think will look best with my stocking (listed above)?

My last additions to my tank will be Cardinal Tetra or Emperor Tetra, which one do you think will look better in my tank?

My last additions to my tank will be Cardinal Tetra or Emperor Tetra, which one do you think will look better in my tank?

According to a fish compatibility site that I use, Cardinals & Emperor Tetras aren't compatible with your Serpae Tetras. Probably because the Serpaes are nippers.

Here's short list:

Search Results: The Serpae Tetra should be kept in groups of 6 or more and is compatible with the Altum Angelfish, Angelfish, Blind Cave Tetra, Buenos Aires Tetra, Chinese High Fin, Colombian Tetra, Corydoras Catfish, Dwarf Gourami, Dwarf Neon Rainbow, Featherfin Squeaker, Flying Fox, Glass Catfish, GloFish, Kribensis, Kuhli Loach, Molly, Otto Catfish, Penguin Tetra, Platy, Pleco (Common), Rummynose Tetra, Siamese Algae Eater, Silver Hatchetfish, Silver Tip Tetra, Swordtail, Upsidedown Catfish, Zebra Danio,

Speaking of compatiblity, I just caught my pearl chasing my new neon blue dwarf gourami. I put my Pearl in a breeder net, I'm hoping if the dwarf can establish territory then the pearl will leave it alone. Wish me luck!

Yeah, that can be a problem. My Pearl male chases the larger Pearl female sometimes & the funny thing is the large Opaline female chases him! It kind of evens out the aggression, see what I mean? That's why they recommend a single male with multiple females..............many fish species are that way. I wouldn't expect it in a 55 gallon though. If you tried adding a female Pearl to the mix I think you'd find the Pearl male would be preoccupied with her instead of the Dwarf. You may eventually have to add 2 female Pearls to get a perfect mix.

If the pearl doesn't mellow out I'll probably just move the dwarf to my 29 gallon.

If the pearl doesn't mellow out I'll probably just move the dwarf to my 29 gallon.

To some degree the whole chasing thing is in their nature. Moreso in the Three Spot varieties like the Opaline, Gold, etc. but even the cute little Dwarf Gouramis can get very aggressive. They usually stop short of actually hurting each other, but not always.

Adding lots of plants may stop this too most probably, if they cant always see each other, it seems to make them relax and chill out abit.

Adding lots of plants may stop this too most probably, if they cant always see each other, it seems to make them relax and chill out abit.

Plants, driftwood and decorations are all good to establish different territories and give places for them to hide. :good:

My current stocking is: 1- Red Tailed Shark, 1- Pearl Gourami, 9- Serpae tetra. And I just got a neon blue dwarf gourami (I couldn't find a powder blue), He's a beauty!

Yes i did mention wanting to get a honey gourami, I might get one. I couldn't find any honeys at petco, (where I bought the neon blue dwarf), I'll probably look for one at Sea Scape Aquatics, (a good private owned fish store).

DSCN0198.jpg

DSCN0169.jpg

DSCN0190.jpg

Sadly my dwarf died from stress because the pearl wouldn't stop chasing him.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back