Dwarf Gourami with African Dwarf Frogs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

maddi7777

Reaction score
I recently tried to put a dwarf gourami with my Betta in his 10 gallon tank but my betta was very mean to him and attacked him. I then had to move the dwarf gourami into a 10 gallon tank with 2 african dwarf frogs. Will he be okay in this sized tank? Will he need another dwarf gourami in his tank to keep him company? Any other tank mates he can have? Thanks!

Bettas and gouramis should never be kept together, as you have discovered.
The tank with frogs is not ideal but it is better than with the betta. And no more fish in this tank, it is fully stocked with 1 gourami.

Fish and frogs should not really be kept together though. Fish will eat the frogs' food before the frogs can find it; frogs are sensitive to medication so if the fish get sick they can't be treated; fish often pick at the frogs.
If this was my tank, I'd return the gourami.

Edited because I forgot to type the word 'not'

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the info! I do hand feed my frogs by tweezers to make sure they get enough food, and my dwarf gourami hasn’t bothered them at all and has been minding his own business. However, I will still look into what you said about returning my gourami and if that would be most beneficial to the well being of his life, I will gladly return him. Thanks so much again!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back