Dwarf Gourami Swim Bladder Disease and Bent Tail When Trying to Swim

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

oen2i3

Reaction score
My Dwarf Gourami has been sick since the 13th with what I believe is swim bladder disease. I isolated him in a quarantine tank and he seems to be doing a little better (at the start he was laying on the substrate sideways and could not swim upright). Now he can at least stay upright while resting, but whenever he tries to swim his spine curves like in the picture and can't seem to fix it. I've been trying to feed him since yesterday but it doesn't show interest. Any idea what might be going on? Also i was thinking of moving him back to the main tank considering he's doing slightly better since the heater I have in the quarantine tank is faulty and only heats to about 72 compared to the 78 in the main tank. Any advice on this?

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 26
He doesn't look very well, even if he is better. Diseases are an area I don't have a lot of experience with but with the curved posture, bad appearance and no desire to eat suggests he is not really getting better. I have read that cooked peas might help but I have no experience with this. Generally tropical fish will eat and digest better if they are warmer so a cooler tank might not be helping.

There are other members in the forum who have a lot more experience with fish aliments. Some better pictures and your water parameters, ie Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, ph, GH, KH might be helpful if the issue is due to water conditions. Size of tank and tank mates can also help.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back