Dwarf Gourami Lying On Bottom Of Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishy Mishy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My female Dwarf Gourami is just lying on bottom of tank not moving. She looks ok, possibly a little swollen tummy but scales, fins are fine.
All my other fish in the tank are ok (infact just had some more babies - dalmation mollies). All readings in tank are fine.
Any ideas? Would like to save her if I can.

Can the fish maintain it's balance in the water and what does it look like when the fish goes to the toilet, and what do you feed your fish, not a good sign when a fish rest on the bottom, usually a bacteria infection.

Can the fish maintain it's balance in the water and what does it look like when the fish goes to the toilet, and what do you feed your fish, not a good sign when a fish rest on the bottom, usually a bacteria infection.
it really is just lying on the floor against the glass, not doing anything. I think its too late and am considering euthanising but would like to know if I need to treat tank for anything? Have been away for weekend to come home and find this situation so not seen her go to toilet for a few days, obviously when I went away all was well.

I feed her mix of tropical flake food and frozen daphnia/bloodworms
She was on her side at the top of the tank a moment ago, trying to get air I would suspect - then sank down to the bottom again. I am at a loss as to what to do???

I answered in the other thread you put up about this, but with the mention of a swollen tummy it makes me think constipation. Put her in a breeders net with a piece of plant to sit in if she wants and let her be. That way she won't be bothered by the others and don't feed her anything although peas can apparently help. Good luck.
Hugs,
P.

Same as miss dib dabs has said try some shelled peas and daphnia that will flush her through if it's constipation, that if the fish is still eating, good luck, but the fish dosn't sound to good i'm afraid.

Same as miss dib dabs has said try some shelled peas and daphnia that will flush her through if it's constipation, that if the fish is still eating, good luck, but the fish dosn't sound to good i'm afraid.
Nope, she didnt make it. Maybe if I had been here I could have done something more - but being away for 5 days meant it was not picked up quickly. So weird, nothing obvious at all wrong with her. Put it down to one of those things. Having a new batch of mollie fry when I got home has helped to make me feel better though. Thanks for all your help and advice.

:-( :-( :-( SORRY to Hear of your Loss. At the Moment I'm going through something much like yours, But with a Few fish over time, :( :( :(

But I'm Glad to Hear of the NEW Babies, This always HELPS... :thumbs: :drool:

May GOD Bless You, And Thanks for Caring about Your Fish. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Bless her sorry she didn't sound to good, R.I.P.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back