Dwarf Gourami Information?

Okay, would six months be enough? And with a "established tank" do you count how long it's been established since the time of cycling or having fish in it? (Sorry bit of a dumb question)

I say if all goes well in that six months of having fish without a bunch of ammonia or nitrite spikes, that kind of thing, it would be better than putting one in right off the bat. 

I don't claim to be any kind of expert at this, but just from what I've observed in my own tanks and doing lots of reading on the subject it's what I've determined. They're such beautiful and active fish it's a shame to hear of so many of them dying of DGD.

Okay then I'll make sure to wait! :)
Are there any visible signs of DGD that I could look out for at the pet shop?

Usually they're so young at the LFS that they don't show any signs yet, but the symptoms are being less active, and sores or tumors, could just be bumps or have a red tint to them. Just look for the healthiest ones you can find.

Okay thank you, that will probably be at least 8 months down the track lol so at least I don't have to worry about it yet! :)

Yes definitely!
Thank you so much for all your help!
When I get my tank I will start a journal so you can follow the progress there if you want, although that will be around the 10th of may (give or take a few days) :)

Most reactions

trending

Back