DWARF GOURAMI FIN ROT?

jaeger2323

Reaction score
Ive had these dwarf gouramis for about 3-4 months and they are both male. As you can see this is their tank. Theres also a bunch of shrimp but the shrimp are scared of them so they leave them alone. As you can see on my flame gourami it looks like he has fin rot he has rips and discoloration. I suspect it is from my blue gourami nipping him. As u can see there are bunch of hiding spots and everything for them but he still gets nipped from time to time so does the blue but it doesnt affect it. What should i do? How do i treat him? theres also a small wound on his body, what do i do?

Attachments

• IMG_9549.JPG
    IMG_9549.JPG
    235.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_9548.JPG
    IMG_9548.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 714
They look like war wounds to me; you have two males, and they will tussle with each other and then fins get ripped. Just keep an eye on them.

You have 2 males fighting over territory. You can see the blue one displaying to the red one in the first picture. The blue one's fins are all flared out and he's giving the red one the evil eye.

If you do big regular water changes (75% each week) and gravel clean the substrate, it should help keep the disease organisms in the water at low levels and minimise the risk of infection in the damaged tissue. However, if they continue to fight, they will both become weaker and eventually one will get sick and possibly die.

Ideally you want to rehome one of them.

You have 2 males fighting over territory. You can see the blue one displaying to the red one in the first picture. The blue one's fins are all flared out and he's giving the red one the evil eye.

If you do big regular water changes (75% each week) and gravel clean the substrate, it should help keep the disease organisms in the water at low levels and minimise the risk of infection in the damaged tissue. However, if they continue to fight, they will both become weaker and eventually one will get sick and possibly die.

Agree even in the pic they're in battle position.

Okay tysm. I want the best for them so I will try to rehome one, less stress on the the tank and their tankmates :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back