dwarf frog, betta, and goldfish

Doohic722

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
within a week my roomie and I will have a 20 gallon with a dwarf frog in it

my mom has a gold fish she wants to get rid of, so I figured I would put it in the tank with the froggie

so to start with, this combo will be fine i would assume? let me know what you think,

now also, I would like to get a betta at some point, and instead of making a whole new tank just for him (male), will I beable to put him in with the frog and goldfish?

Goldfish can be very nippy, and they might take the betta as an easy target, be very careful with this combination as you might find the goldfish takes off the bettas fins, and in the end harm him beyond repair. I wouldn't advise this combination because as goldfish are a common fish it is easy to forget that they are reasonably aggresive in their own way. :D sorry

crazy was telling me in another thread about how her female betas made lunch out of her frogs legs, so if I even think about trying a betta I willl wait till the frog gets bigger,

what about the goldfish though.... goldie wont bother they frog right?

This is just my personal experience, so I don't know if this is the exception or the rule...

A few years ago, my mom had three fancy goldfish in with a dwarf frog, and they were constantly harassing it. It died within a week. :/

thanks, im not sure what kind of goldfish it is... it came from the carni... I was hopeing to help my mom out but if it will harass the frog I will just have to tell her that I cant take it -_-

At the end of the day goldfish aren't much different from barbs (same family) they will view anything they can get hold of as food and depending on the size of the goldfish your frog might end up on the menu.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back