🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AquaBarb

Aqua}^>holic
🏆 Tank of the Year 🏆
3x Fish of the Month 🌟
4x Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Looking into dwarf corydoras :)

Quite like the salt and peppers but wondered if anyone could recommend others or have had experience with the salt and peppers you could share.

I gather they need a big group to be content which i would provided. They would go in a 22g long with Cardinal tetra's. Tank as sand, driftwood and plenty of plants:)

Last edited:
There are three "dwarf" size species, Corydoras pygmaeus, C. hastatus and C. habrosus. The latter are sometimes commonly called salt and pepper, and they grow just a tad larger but are still definitely small. Requirements and care are identical. A larger group is advisable, and definitely sand. Also, they tend to swim in upper levels more than most of the larger species; the first two mentioned will even shoal with characins. I have had all three at least once, and currently I have a group of C. pygmaeus which are all fry that have appeared over the past couple of years.

I have 5 habrosus, I did have 6 but unfortunately one died, not sure why, I did put a thread up here a week or two ago. You definitely need sand which they do a great job of cleaning. I often see mine cleaning the leaves of my amazon sword too. If you don’t have enough they get spooked easily, but mine don’t necessarily ‘shoal’ together.

Great little fish, lots of character and didn’t seem to bother my cherry shrimp that I had them with for a period of time.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back