Dwarf Cichlids

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
ok thank you so i was planning on using the quick start and leaving the filter to run for a week before adding fish, then slowly adding fish to the tank
If you use a "starter" use the tetra safestart. That is the only brand that uses the correct species of bacteria.
Quickstart may help for a small amount of time but it won't work that well.

Also proper cycling takes 3-4 weeks (sometimes less).
If the tank is just sitting there with bacteria in there but nothing to feed it the bacteria won't grow.
I would read through the fishless cycling link I gave above. But this time look at the section that says HOW to do it.
You will need a bottle of pure ammonia with no additives and figure out how much to add to get to 3ppm of ammonia.

Nitrites eat ammonia> Nitrites produce nitrates> nitrates eat Nitrites.
Then we remove nitrates with water changes or if your tank is heavily planted the plants will use ammonia as a source of food therefore decreasing the amount of nitrates produced at the end.
But you would need a ton of plants in that tank size for that.

I really hope your tank turns out the way you want it to! It's always really fun putting together a nice scape and choosing fish.

Also doing all the stuff that makes you feel like a mad scientist 🤪🤣

I would forget the amorax as well. If the tank is cycled properly, there shouldn't be any ammonia, and using amorax at the start will remove any ammonia starving the bacteria/plants of their food. Ammonia removing media has no place in a properly cycled tank.

If you use a "starter" use the tetra safestart. That is the only brand that uses the correct species of bacteria.
Quickstart may help for a small amount of time but it won't work that well.

Also proper cycling takes 3-4 weeks (sometimes less).
If the tank is just sitting there with bacteria in there but nothing to feed it the bacteria won't grow.
I would read through the fishless cycling link I gave above. But this time look at the section that says HOW to do it.
You will need a bottle of pure ammonia with no additives and figure out how much to add to get to 3ppm of ammonia.

Nitrites eat ammonia> Nitrites produce nitrates> nitrates eat Nitrites.
Then we remove nitrates with water changes or if your tank is heavily planted the plants will use ammonia as a source of food therefore decreasing the amount of nitrates produced at the end.
But you would need a ton of plants in that tank size for that.

I really hope your tank turns out the way you want it to! It's always really fun putting together a nice scape and choosing fish.

Also doing all the stuff that makes you feel like a mad scientist 🤪🤣
ok perfect I will make sure I will look it all up for the fish I want to add to the tank, do you know anything about armoured shrimp??

armoured shrimp??
Do you mean amano shrimp? I have never kept them but I do want to get some in coming months.
I know a little about them but I'm not an expert at all lol
I will make sure I will look it all up for the fish I want to add to the tank
Look up the safestart stuff? Sorry I said a lot in that other post so I'm unsure of what you mean...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back