Dwarf cichlids with angelfish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

nik_n

Fish Crazy
Fish of the Month šŸŒŸ
Reaction score
Hi can I keep a pair of dwarf cichlids (kribensis, apistogramma or rams) with 2 angelfish. I have a 200l tank with 2 angelfish 2 gouramis 2 plecos and 3 panda garras. The tank is heavily planted.

A pair of apistogramma or ram may be doable, I think the angelfish will grow quite big for your tanksize, donā€™t know if thatā€™ll work in the future.

the panda Garra likes a cooler temperature and more water flow than the others, donā€™t know about this combination either.

but a pair of apistogramma (thatā€™s okay with higher temperature) or rams will work. Maybe even a small group of rams, thatā€™s a real eye catcher.

yes.

what sort of pleco?
what are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?
do you have driftwood and algae in the tank?
yes bristelnose pleco, there are 4 peaces of drift wood "one of them is really big and there are enough algae"

100x60x40-the dimensions

A pair of apistogramma or ram may be doable, I think the angelfish will grow quite big for your tanksize, donā€™t know if thatā€™ll work in the future.

the panda Garra likes a cooler temperature and more water flow than the others, donā€™t know about this combination either.

but a pair of apistogramma (thatā€™s okay with higher temperature) or rams will work. Maybe even a small group of rams, thatā€™s a real eye catcher.
panda garra seem to be doing just fine they are constantly swimming and eating

i was hoping for appistos do you have any recommendations

It will work , dwarfs can handle there own really angels do have a larger size but iv found are really slow occupies mid to higher parts of the tank and shouldnā€™t cross paths that much

panda garra seem to be doing just fine they are constantly swimming and eating

i was hoping for appistos do you have any recommendations
Apistogramma cacatuoides 1m2f
Apistogramma agassizi 1m2f
Apistogramma punduro (pandurini) 1m2f
Apistogramma macmasteri (viejita) 1m2f

all of these are readily available and can handle higher temperatures. Cacatuoides and panduro are quite agressive, the other two are more mild

Apistogramma cacatuoides 1m2f
Apistogramma agassizi 1m2f
Apistogramma punduro (pandurini) 1m2f
Apistogramma macmasteri (viejita) 1m2f

all of these are readily available and can handle higher temperatures. Cacatuoides and panduro are quite agressive, the other two are more mild
thanks. What about kribensis. Also which pair is the most likely to pair off and breed?

thanks. What about kribensis. Also which pair is the most likely to pair off and breed?
Kribensis are really agressive when breeding, I wouldnā€™t recommend them.

the cacatuoides is the easier to breed apisto, agassizi will breed on tapwater too, the other too need a lower ph/gh when breeding.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back