dwarf cichilids

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

slt

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
i got 2 dwarf cichilids today, laetacara curviceps, been looking at cichilids for awhile now, but never got any as they all seemed to be agressive,
and would not be sutable for my comunity tank,my lfs had these in the other day, he said they were a very peaceful cichilid, there around 1 inch
they grow to 3inch, they lovely little fish , :thumbs: anyone else keep these :thumbs:

i've seen them but don't have any exp. w/them all i know is that they'r supposed to be about as aggressive as a kribensis(if that helps any) :unsure:
i'll see what i can find for you ;)

ah thanks mostanks, i'm thinking of adding another 2 , they are a lovely fish :thumbs:

oooo sorry mostanks :p there in my 4ft comunity tank, my lfs guy keeps these his self in a comunity tank and says he's never had probs with them
at the store they were realy dull in there colour, but after putting them in my tank a couple of hours they have become realy colourful, blues greens
reds they look like a different fish from when i got them, they've been happily feeding and noseing round the tank, thats why i'm thinking of getting 2 more,oh and they devoured the chopped prawns i put in, poor balas never got a look in he he :lol:

besides the daarf cichilids, what other fish do you plan on keeping in the tank?

hi icefins, my tank is already stocked, i have bala sharks rainbow fish rainbow shark cuming barbs butterfly plec angel fish clown loaches zebra danios head standers and giant bluefan shrimp :)oh and corrys

that tank sounds like a very relaxing tank:wub:
this is how an african cichlid tank makes you look :hyper: :blink: and sometimes like :sick: :S
and my sa/ca tank i don't see a smilie for that one. :unsure:

slt is there a pic of your tank anywhere?

ahhhh tiss a very relaxing tank mostanks, well when shrimpy is'nt ploughing his way through my lovely plants lol :lol: i'm getting a digi cam next week, so i can show of all of my fish ooooo can't wait to put up pics of them, :) yes i've seen other species of cichlids in my lfs and they were
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: no defanatley not relaxing lol :lol:

yes yes yes :lol: :lol: sheesh some peeps are so impatiant lol :lol: :hyper:

lol :lol: :lol: yes so am i , got it real bad :lol: i'm going further afield now searching for more new fs :lol: :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back