Drying out Gravel Vacuums

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I have never thought about drying them tbh, I just left it there...

I have a Python and after draining and then refilling the tank, I put the control onto "suction" and then slowly coil it back up as water is sucked out of the tube. But it stays damp inside the tube and eventually gets moldy.
I do exactly the same....the hose never completely dries out, I don't fret over it...mine stays stored coiled, in a bucket

When I say I leave mine over the outside tap, that's just for an hour or two while I'm refilling the tank so that there aren't puddles in the buckets when I put them away. They are usually still wet inside when I put them away. And outside if it's raining.

I decided not to fret about it. My minor OCD doesn't like that they never dry out properly, but I'm using them so often that I don't fret about it. Sometimes the tube starts to get that black mold stuff, then I just replace the gravel vac since they're not expensive.

I have bleached one before without any problems. Only bleached it since my tank had callamanus worms, which are a nightmare, so I bleached everything minus the fish. Soaked in a bucket in a mild bleach solution, then soaked in triple dosed declorinator. After a good long soak in that, filled a bucket with water, triple dosed that with declorinator, then started a syphon and drained that bucket so the tube had had a good amount of declor run through it.

Next time, I think I'd just bin the tube and replace the gravel vac!

I just coil it and toss it into its bin on the porch. Replace the hose about every 5 years. Replace the whole thing about every 10 years. Not worried about the gunk build up as i drain directly outside.

I have a rod in my laundry room that is installed over a wash basin / sink. I drape the tube part over the laundry rod and let it drip dry over the washroom sink until the next water change time.

A hair dryer may melt the plastic though. :/
I don't spend time "styling" my hair, but in the winter I use a blow dryer so my head doesn't stay cold and wet after I wash it.
Modern blow dryers have a button to push for cool air to "set" the heated hair being styled
??

As long as the cleaner doesn't have a long tube, you can just rinse out all of the debris and then spin the hose around in the air in a circle for a while, that should take out all of the droplets, if not, leave it out hanging like pheonix said, might take a while to fully dry out though.

Tried that once...nearly broke a vase haha

I don't spend time "styling" my hair, but in the winter I use a blow dryer so my head doesn't stay cold and wet after I wash it.
Modern blow dryers have a button to push for cool air to "set" the heated hair being styled
??
Lol, I did not know that! I learn something new every day. ?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back