Drying out Gravel Vacuums

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JemZ

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
How do you dry out your gravel vacuums?

I have two and after I rinse them with water they are still wet on the inside and I have no clue how to get the moisture out. I usually put them on a towel in the living room next to the window so the sunlight can dry them out but this still does not do a good job and often there are droplets left. There has to be a better way, surely?

I used to hang mine up on a stand. Basically put the hose over the tank and let the hose hang down on one side and the gravel cleaner hangs over the other side.

As long as the cleaner doesn't have a long tube, you can just rinse out all of the debris and then spin the hose around in the air in a circle for a while, that should take out all of the droplets, if not, leave it out hanging like pheonix said, might take a while to fully dry out though.

I only have an 8’ hose on mine,so it dries quite well when hanging up. Im
Able to stretch the whole thing out and have the majority of water drain after use.

if you have an air compressor, as @PheonixKingZ mentioned, you can blow the lines out and that will prevent too much water settling in the tubing.

I have a Python and after draining and then refilling the tank, I put the control onto "suction" and then slowly coil it back up as water is sucked out of the tube. But it stays damp inside the tube and eventually gets moldy.

I will occasionally fill a bucket with vinegar water and use my 25 ft python to empty it a couple of times, and that discourages mold or mildew. Then flush it with tap water.

I've been thinking about a cleaning solution for my python for a good while. You came up with one I'll try, Circus. Heck, we can make a big salad at the same time.

Great thread!

Sometimes I twirl like @Neleono if the cats aren't close.
@PheonixKingZ
You gave me an idea...
Maybe not an air compressor...but how about a hair dryer?
Maybe a combo method, fling it around my head then use hair dryer. If any water gets in my hair I'll be all set
?

I've been thinking about a cleaning solution for my python for a good while. You came up with one I'll try, Circus. Heck, we can make a big salad at the same time.
I buys this stuff from the dollar store, cleaning vinegar. Much stronger than normal distilled white vinegar (that will work well too, it is just more expensive).

Great thread!

Sometimes I twirl like @Neleono if the cats aren't close.
@PheonixKingZ
You gave me an idea...
Maybe not an air compressor...but how about a hair dryer?
Maybe a combo method, fling it around my head then use hair dryer. If any water gets in my hair I'll be all set
?
A hair dryer may melt the plastic though. :/

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back