Dropsy! Help!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

HCpetraitis

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I"m a little worried because yesterday I did a 50% water change and I cleaned my whole tank, all the rocks, and plants. Then, when I went to check on my fish this morning I noticed my sunset platy was being very sluggish and she looked really bloated. Then I remembered the time my goldfish got dropsy, so I kinda came to the conclusion that my platy has dropsy. I seperated her into a breeder box and she is ok (I think) Here are some pictures of her. It's kinda hard to tell but her scales are pointed out and her tail end is huge! It looks swollen.

009.jpg

008.jpg

I'm positive its dropsy so what is the treatment? She is seperated from the other fish so I think they will be okay. What should I do???

Last stage of dropsy is scales sticking out organ failure.
All you can do is try some epson salt baths and a bacterial med in issolation.

I agree with Wilder. Not much you can do at this point but epsoms salts, meds, and crossed fingers.

Bless her.
is she fallling on to her side or turning upside down.

No she's just really sluggish. I've been giving her salt. Sadly, I don't see any signs of it getting better. :(

Alright, I just wanted to tell everyone. My fish passed away last night. She was a great fish though. Thanks for the help!

Bless Her. R.I.P.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back