Drop off in Italy

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Zante

Fish Herder
Reaction score
This is a project for the reef tank I'm planning to set up in the flat I'm buying.

The tank has a footprint of 2m x 1m and is 50cm deep, going to 1m deep at the drop off.

attachment.php

There is no project for the stand and for the tank itself because I'm having those done by a company of aquarium builders, I'll leave the hard engineering to them, so ignore the thickness of the acrylic in this design.

You can see the intakes for the closed loop circuit in the drop off, the output will be at the top, where you can see the white elbows.

This is more or less what that closed loop circuit looks like, but I need to redesign it with a few more safety measures. Also I want to increase the size of the pipes.

attachment.php

I started here the design of the overflow to take water to the sump, but it's very obvious it's insufficient and the piping is too complicated

attachment.php

So I redesigned the whole thing to look like this. Too lazy to draw the comb though :D

attachment.php

This should take the 9000 lph that will be going through the sump.
Of course the outflow from the skimmer and the return circuit from the sump to the display tank are still missing.

Wow what a job! I will be following this if your planning on keeping a photo diary ?

Ok, bad news: I've been to the flat and taken some measurements, there's no way I can get that through the door.

Looks like I'll have to go for a bog standard tank with a depth of 60cm. Now that I have measurements and the detailed floorplan though, I can design something I know can be achieved.

Thats a great plan, like the redesign though, looks good.

Though thats a real bummer you can fit the tank through the door! Is there no alternative at all, like through a large window or patio doors perhaps?

But am sure you can come up with some great ideas for the standard tank :)

I'll see how it might look making it narrower or making the drop off shallower, but the doors are really smaller that I was expecting.

Things never go as you imagine!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back