Drop Checker Getting Lighter As The Day Goes On?

• Thread starter Deleted member 107737
  • Start date

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

D

Deleted member 107737

Hi All.,

So i thought I had finally nailed the lime green on my co2 setup drop checker.

I only incremented slightly to get about 2bps from say 1.8 bubbles per second if its possible to be that precise LOL

Any way upto about 2 it was lime green, then by 4 pm it had shot up to yellow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhh panic sugar what do i do

So anyway turned it down slightly on the regulator.

i have great flow in the tank since installing the hydor water circulator. My co2 system is brand new and my drop checker works perfectly.... how come its getting lighter as the does goes on??

Is there anything I can do ?? I thought turning the co2 on 2 hours before to get it at a constant lime green through the day but if its getting lighter then i must being going mad

Thanks,

Dave

Yellow is fine, Just get yourself out of that zone as soon as possible.

So long as you have a greenish colour for the time you want CO2 in the tank you'll be fine. 

The chances of it getting ligher as time goes on is you don't have enuff plants sucking up the CO2. Might need to rise the lighting up more.

Its a case of experimenting really, to see what's best for your tank and what works best. The reason that the drop checker gets yellower as time goes on is that you are injecting more than what's being used/gassed off so the amount of dissolved co2 in the water is increasing.
Some times a slower injection rate for a longer time works best, or sometimes a faster injection rate for a shorter time is better. As your plants grow you will probably have to add more.

^spot on^
Have you set your reg to come on 2 hours before lights on?

Hi.

Yes 2 hours before and off 1 hour before lights off.

I had a bit of a " sugar" moment....... what happened was that at 1bps it was medium green. I can remember people saying it wants to be lime green. so i turned it up a tad to about 2bps. anyway in the morning for about 4 hours it was lovely, nice light green then BAM......... OMG its turned yellow.......Poor fish

Anyway turned it down back to slightly over 1bps. about 63 bubbles per minute.

Its still darker green than i want to aim for but the jbl regulator is so temperamental. tiny turn will increase it significantly.

May i ask what is the best to do now.....1) leave it like this for a couple of weeks then slowly increase   or    2) adjust it now/over the next few days??

Thanks,

dave

If it was me, I would adjust it now and get the desired 30ppm (lime green)
Dark green will encourage BBA growth.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back