Driftwood

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Dave

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Ok get this, Im walking along the beach and find a good piece of driftwood. It would probably cost about £10 -£15 from my lfs.

So I took it home and soaked it and boiled it lots of times, trying to make sure there were no beasties on it :alien: . After all this I go to put it in my tank (new setup) and guess what IT FLOATS:lol:

Anyone else done this before or am I just stupid :S

I bought a piece of driftwood and kept it under water for over 2 weeks and it still floated. I also build rock caves, so I took a piece of rock and siliconed it to a part of my driftwood, so my driftwood does not float anymore. :) That worked for me. Good thing is if you don't like it, you can always take it off easily as it is only silicone.

I got my driftwood from the beach also. Its been about 2 months and it still floats. Go figure.

Well its probably been floating arround at sea for many months/years so theres no reason for it to all of a sudden not to float :p :rolleyes: :lol:

....I like the subs idea B) :thumbs:

:)

lol i had the same problem,the dang thing just kept flaoting :X OOOOOH!! i'd get so mad-til one day i got tired and drilled a hole into IT and a rock i had,put a stainless steal screw in it and plunk dropped it rigth in the tank B) *sigh* i win no more floaters lol :D

i got some drift wood the weekend boiled it for hours but still turning water off colour, is there any way of getting rid of this or is that what the wood dose

The term driftwood should have said it all. :lol: :lol: :lol: If it sank in the first place it wouldn't drift and therefore you would not have seen it on the beach, as sunken wood rarely surfaces, unless it's after a big storm. Sorry I don't mean to sound flippant, it is an easy mistake and I have done something similar in my time. As the other members say, if you want to use it, you can silicone it to your tank first.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back