Driftwood

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
I went in to petco the other day and i bought driftwood. they didn't have any in the fish department so i got it from the Reptile department abd i boiled the wood about 4 times and i want to know if it is safe now to put in the tank.

ifs it been boiled and it has no chemicals in it, i dont see why not! i sure someone will know for sure, i cant see a problem..... would wait till someone else post to be sure thou

I got a big chunk of bogwood - boil-boil-boil. All it did was turn the tank a nice brownish colour for 2 months - but as Cryosi said wait for the experts ;)

i got 2 chunks of bogwood in mine lol! beenin there for years

bogwood best althou have seen sticks and small logs used for some biotope tanks before!

I picked this bit up its T shaped about 2' * 18inches. Thought it was cheap @ £6.50 - at the checkout she weighed it lol 3.5 kilos over £20 :sly:

turned yellow from what *optimus prime*

i put a little sand in mine friday for me banjo and the mist it left went this morning! and they not used it lol

OP, it will depend on the size of wood I think. I actually liked the colour B)

If you put it in a sink of water and scrub it what colour does the water go??

Optimus, I just soak mine overnight in the bath tub, then stick it in the tank. Sometimes it yellows the water a bit, sometimes it doesn't. The discoloration won't really hurt anything, and will dissappear after a few days usually.

I left mine in water until the water no longer turned a dark brown. Changing the water every few hours to beging with. After about a day or so of regular changes the water didn't look so brown so I put it in my tank. It still turned a slight yellow in my tank but nothing to bad, it actually looked quite nice really :)

Someone once said (Please Confirm??) that the colour - tannins are actually good for your fish. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back