Driftwood Hunting (and some aquascaping)

Utar

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I really liked this video since I have done the same thing just a month ago.

If I had found what this guy found for driftwood, I would have ran home, got my chain saw and rented a big truck, and haul as much of I could carry home.

Munroco

Fish Herder
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
I love beachcombing for wood and other stuff for my tanks. Never thought of taking a jigsaw with me. I often find big logs that are far too big for my needs.

WhistlingBadger

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Wow, that's some beautiful stuff.

I actually have had a similar experience: There's a place near here called The Sinks, where a decent-sized creek disappears into a cave, to emerge a quarter mile or so down the canyon. I have gone up there in mid-summer after a big spring runoff, and the place was absolutely stuffed with bleached, leached out driftwood. I got some really nice pieces out of there. It's fun finding things like that.

Herpin Man

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I own some wooded property in northern Minnesota, with over 1/2 mile of river flowing through it. The river has lots of branches in it. In the summertime, I swim the river, and retrieve sunken driftwood. Since it's already waterlogged and weathered, I don't even need to weigh it down when I place it in an aquarium.

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I own some wooded property in northern Minnesota, with over 1/2 mile of river flowing through it. The river has lots of branches in it. In the summertime, I swim the river, and retrieve sunken driftwood. Since it's already waterlogged and weathered, I don't even need to weigh it down when I place it in an aquarium.

Sounds like a great way to get drift wood, and live. Being an unapologetic city-boy who has a weird love for the woods, I salute you.

trending