Drifted problem

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

CARNO

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi (CARNO) I'm thinking of doing a new aquascape because when I was put on the beach I found this piece of drift wood it's quite big and I don't know if I should do a new aquascape or stick with original because of plants or will they be fine

The plants will be ok if you are gentle when you take them out but bit worried about wood from the beach as it will probably have salt in it which could leech into the tank.

I'm trying to clean it as best as possible scrubbing and leaving it in a tub well going to

It does fit but it's on the bar counter so it lo feather away but I can always take a piece of
IMG-20201028-WA0007.jpeg

@Wills meant he would be concerned that you wood may not be safe for your tank. (I assume)

Can you easily dig your finger nails into the wood?

If it feels soft it is likely not suitable for your aquarium. Softwoods will rot too quickly where as hardwoods take years to decompose and the process is so slow it does not release toxins into the tank at a high enough level to be an issue.

Wills

Alright I'll have to get rid of it well I got that on holiday and I just got back so going to have to buy some wood

I went to go touch the wood to see if it's ok and it's heavy and only pieces of the wood come off when I touch it

Never mind the wood is not mushie it's just a little old but it's quite big will that mean that bugs and stuff will living in there

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back