Dried Krill from Asian markets...fish love it.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Stan510

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I bought a $3 bag of it. Whats sold at petclub is 5x the price,at least..and petclub is in a small container. What I bought filled a small pickle jar. The key is to let it soak in water about 15 minutes..they swell up,soften up.
The only additive they use is salt. That i guess pretty much leaches out as it softens as the fish really go for the krill. Angelfish can eat them whole,adult Rainbows also. Other smaller fish? Just pinch the Krill into pieces for them.
Not much more to add except, $3!

Thanks, I didn't know this....maybe I will try it out! :)

I took a look closer at what jar the wife put the krill. Its a 7 ounce 200 gram Nescafe jar. I would guess that's close to what I said about being 5x more than in a plastic jar from petclub at $3 less. Hard to beat that deal.
One other perk? Since its people food they have the Krill in the refrigerated dried food section. A big plus.

I wanted to update that one day I skipped the whole soak them in hot water...and I just put them straight from the jar into the tank and the fish still went wild for them. So,could not be easier to feed your fish with Krill.

I wanted to update that one day I skipped the whole soak them in hot water...and I just put them straight from the jar into the tank and the fish still went wild for them. So,could not be easier to feed your fish with Krill.
I usually feed my fish dried krill. They just love it! And for those red livebearers a real must to keep the red intense.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back