Dried Bloodworms And Dog

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Juice

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I just bought a container of dried blood worm, and my dog got a hold of it and ate some. I went to the store for 5 min and she took the container from off the top of the tank (its next to the couch.) She never went up to the tank before.

It has a child proof lid and theres warnings all over that say not to touch it. What exactly is in the bloodworm thats unsafe, and is it safe as a dog snack? :crazy:

Some people have allergies to bloodworms. So far out of two dogs & a pup all of them have eaten a wide variety of fish food, frozen bloodworms included. The pup has just been in fishroom training for a couple of weeks, is a bit cautious in there, but any stray food on the floor gets taken care of quickly. My older dog is going on 1 1/2 years, and expects fish food to hit the floor. The dog before these two ate fish food every day, nearly made it to 16 years old.

Dogs do ignore warning labels, I keep the food where they can't get at it.

Yeah I moved the food now. I always had the food up there guess she never discovered it today, till I gave her a busy bone thing, and she was trying to bury it. She jumped on the head rest of the couch, and probably noticed the fish food.

Do you think its safe to keep using this though? She tore open the foil thing, and chewed up the cap. Some of it was spilled on the floor, theres alot left in the container. Its almost full and I just bought it. Id hate to waste it.

I don't see how the dog nibbling on the food could make it bad for the fish. I'm sure some folks have had dogs take a drink out of a low tank, none of mine have yet, but this pup is a real pistol, he just might.

Haha yeah I guess its safe, she drank out of my betta bowl once, idk why. She never drinks from the toilet, why the fish bowl? Lol.

I just bought a container of dried blood worm, and my dog got a hold of it and ate some. I went to the store for 5 min and she took the container from off the top of the tank (its next to the couch.) She never went up to the tank before.

It has a child proof lid and theres warnings all over that say not to touch it. What exactly is in the bloodworm thats unsafe, and is it safe as a dog snack? :crazy:

dont know nowt about what it will do to your dog but what i find strange is YOUR DOG CAN READ lol :)

:crazy: [/quote]

dont know nowt about what it will do to your dog but what i find strange is YOUR DOG CAN READ lol :)

[/quote]
:lol: :lol: , mind eats cichlids pellets like a flash but tends to just blow the flakes all over the place if i drop some. well its better than her eating a fish heat pack and ending up on a drip for 24hours to get rid of the excess carbon in her blood i suppose.

Most reactions

trending

Back