Dream tanks?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

AmyKieran

Fish Herder
Reaction score
My absolute dream tank would be a six footer with a beautiful frontosa colony.

If you had unlimited money, space, resources, what would be your dream tank and why?

If I had unlimited money I would set up a 75 gallon betta tank. Two males, no filter, an overload of plants with a CO2 setup, and a huge repopulating cleanup crew of shrimp / snails. It would be fun to have a setup that requires no maintenance and runs itself, other than feeding the two bettas.

EDIT: I just really like the idea of having two bettas in one tank. It would be interesting to see them flesh their territories out and how that would play into where they swim, if they interact with each other, etc.

If I had unlimited money I would set up a 75 gallon betta tank. Two males, no filter, an overload of plants with a CO2 setup, and a huge repopulating cleanup crew of shrimp / snails. It would be fun to have a setup that requires no maintenance and runs itself, other than feeding the two bettas.
A tank only 75 gallons would still need water changes even if you use a lot of plants.
For no water changes you need a tank much much larger

A tank only 75 gallons would still need water changes even if you use a lot of plants.
For no water changes you need a tank much much larger
I have seen some people online do it with no water changes. What is your reasoning for the tank needing to be bigger? Just curious and want to learn.

I have seen some people online do it with no water changes. What is your reasoning for the tank needing to be bigger? Just curious and want to learn.
Huge tanks generally are connected up to the home's plumbing so that way the water changes are done automatically and in small amounts over time.
Also they are MUCH larger which equals to a higher load of "trash" that can be in the water you could say.
At some point you have to change the water otherwise it's just the same water sitting there not being switched out.
Even in nature it is. It goes through a large cycle

My dream tank would be a 6 foot long with a 3 foot tall tank with large altum angelfish, since altum angels are my dream fish as well as my all time favorite cichlid.

EDIT: I just really like the idea of having two bettas in one tank. It would be interesting to see them flesh their territories out and how that would play into where they swim, if they interact with each other, etc.
It's possible to keep a pair of Bettas in the same tank to the point where you don't really need a 75 gallon tank.

Huge tanks generally are connected up to the home's plumbing so that way the water changes are done automatically and in small amounts over time.
Also they are MUCH larger which equals to a higher load of "trash" that can be in the water you could say.
At some point you have to change the water otherwise it's just the same water sitting there not being switched out.
Even in nature it is. It goes through a large cycle
oh I see what you’re saying, I wonder how other people do it then. Unless they’re just lying

Ooh! If any size at all, I want a 200 gallon reef tank with an octopus! Completely unrealistic, but... I like octopi
I would absolutely die for an octopus tank!!! Their awesome!!

Money no object.......... LOL ok you asked for it, how is this for dreaming?

I would convert the spare room into an aquarium the whole room. The internal walls would mostly be glass the out side walls would be solid. I have no idea how i would filter it but if money is no object then that is what I would do.

Fish..... I am actually quite happy with what I have but I guess I would just have larger numbers of them.

Leopard Frog Pleco
Bristlenose Pleco
Plattys
Mollies
Guppies
Angelfish
Redtail Shark I guess I could even give him/her a mate in a tank that would probably be about 6000gallons (approximate guess) in size. :p

Oh I would also need to then hire one of you guys to maintain it for me hehehe

I'd really like a 150 gallon with a Jack Dempsey, green terror and Texas cichlid. I also want a 90 with several schools of micro fish, like 5 or 6 dozen fish

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back