Dream tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Fish4dawin

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hello there people of TFF, hope your days have been going well. This is a new thread called dream tank and itā€™s a place where you can post what you would want in your dream tank. This includes what you put in the tank. Iā€™ll start off.

100 gallon community consisting of:

20 rummynose tetras
10-15 dwarf chain loaches
6-8 otocinclus
Some sort of apistogramma or a pair of kribensis.

Post away people.

Last edited:
One that someone else does all the maintenance on and I can just look at it would be a dream :rofl:
Hahahahah wouldnā€™t that be the best? Unfortunately itā€™s part of the hobby. What would be your dream stocking for a tank?

Hahahahah wouldnā€™t that be the best? Unfortunately itā€™s part of the hobby. What would be your dream stocking for a tank?
:rofl: I'm not sure actually. I've kept a lot of different fish, but I'm mainly keeping bettas at the moment. I'll probably always have atleast one betta tank, but lately I've liked the idea of keeping a puffer one day

300 gallon Wyoming Foothills biotope. Tons of rockwork, huge powerheads and air stones, gigantic botanical filter on the back with dwarf cattails, sedges, arrowleaf, mosses. Colorado cutthroat trout, big schools of redside shiners and sand shiners, mottled sculpins, long-nose dace, mountain suckers, crawdads.

300 gallon Wyoming Foothills biotope. Tons of rockwork, huge powerheads and air stones, gigantic botanical filter on the back with dwarf cattails, sedges, arrowleaf, mosses. Colorado cutthroat trout, big schools of redside shiners and sand shiners, mottled sculpins, long-nose dace, mountain suckers, crawdads.
Sounds like a complicated setup there. If you ever do that Iā€™d be interested in seeing how it turns out.

:rofl: I'm not sure actually. I've kept a lot of different fish, but I'm mainly keeping bettas at the moment. I'll probably always have atleast one betta tank, but lately I've liked the idea of keeping a puffer one day

Iā€™ve heard a lot about puffers. What one specifically would you go for? Like a pea puffer or something more ambush like the Box/Congo puffer?

The maintenance sounds such hard work :rofl:

Sounds like a complicated setup there. If you ever do that Iā€™d be interested in seeing how it turns out.
Oh, I'll never do it; it would be way too expensive and take up way too much space. And yes, the maintenances would be darn near impossible. But I'm working on designing a mini-version. Probably do the build this spring. It's going to be a 29g paludarium with sagebrush lizards upstairs and plains killifish and stonerollers downstairs. Not quite the same but should be an interesting project.

See, I'm learning something: If you have a dream, and it's a good dream, do it. If you can't do the full dream, do what you can. As Capt. Jack Sparrow said, "There are two things that matter in this world: What you can do and what you can't do." I've already built a couple of "dream tanks," but doable versions. I'm currently working on another one, the rice-paddy setup. Sometimes the limitations make the project more fun than it would be if I just had unlimited time and money. :)

Iā€™ve heard a lot about puffers. What one specifically would you go for? Like a pea puffer or something more ambush like the Box/Congo puffer?
Yeah, probably a pea puffer. They're such lovely looking things! I literally know nothing about them and have plenty of full tanks at the moment so that's more of a plan for the future I think :rofl:

honestly i just wish that ph, kh and gh didnt matter.
i would want multiple
one pond with a few comets and koi
20 gallon tall with betta and shrimp, over planted, 3 neon tetras, 6 loaches

If I had unlimited room, money, and didn't have to do maintenance myself... I would defiantly want to do something like a 300 gallon stingray tank.

Sometimes I dream of becoming a dentist or some kind of business owner and I could pay someone out of my business funds to maintain an awesome aquarium at my business in the waiting room or something.
Well, being on the other side of that equation ain't all that bad, either. :)

My current dream is a large planted discus tank that Iā€™m actuallly currently planning. Discus are a fish I have always loved and never for whatever reason progressed that into owning some. So thatā€™s gonna change in the coming months.

I think an ultimate dream would be a lovely big house with a heated river setup running through the whole house.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back