Dream tank thread

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Willbacon23

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi guys, Iā€™ve instantly became addicted to this hobby and as everyone have a dream tank in mind for the near future, when Iā€™m more accomplished in the hobby. My dream tank is probably very different to most people as itā€™s a 40 gallon betta community tank. I love bettas despite never owning one and would love a 40 gal red crown tail betta with a heavily planted tank with albino corys and a Bristlenose albino pleco! Whatā€™s your dream tanks?

It would probably be a really nice 4 foot tank. That was, I could have Cory's and rummy nose tetras. I would also have a lot of other fish I would love to have now. Interesting thread idea! :)

My dream tank is not very original I think but it's a 100 gallon tank with a group of angelfish, a big group of corydoras, a bristlenose pleco and a school of tetra that could work with angelfish. :)

Currently still working on my Dream Tank
66 gallon with school of Congo tetra & Albino Corys. But who knows.
I believe All of us are infected by Multiple Tank Syndrome with no cure. :fish: :rofl:

A 5-6 foot long tank with lots of corydoras and a small group of porthole catfish or a hoplo catfish or two.

This is definitely not realistic but I would love to put a 5000 gallon swimming pool in the ground and convert it into a pond complete with landscapes and plants. Plecos are my favorite so I'd want to see at least one in there

On a more realistic and safe note, I'm currently planning a project to go in my spare 10g with endlers, cherries, and a nerite that I'm pretty excited about. I would die to have a 30-55g though

I'm currently working on my dream tank... Well, it is my "realistic" dream tank anyway. :D I also have an "unrealistic" dream tank that I will share with you as well...

My "realistic" dream tank is a 55 gallon, planted community tank.
It is set up already with a sand substrate and lots of driftwood. No plants or fish yet...
It is currently undergoing a fish-less Cycle (I'm on Day 10 right now, so I will be testing the water when I get home from work, to see where I am at in the Cycle)
Once the tank has fully Cycled in a few weeks, I will start adding plants and fish.

I will be adding hardy, low-med light plants so that I wont have to use a gas CO2 setup. I will just use a liquid fertilizer such as Flourish, and root tabs.

Fish I plan on stocking the tank with:
Several Silver or Marbled Hatchet fish (OR Brown Pencil Fish?)
School of Rummy nose Tetras
School of Harlequin Rasboras
School of Neon or Cardinal Tetras
a couple pairs of either Dwarf Gouramis or Bolivian Rams, or maybe Apistogramma?
School of Corydoras catfish (All from one of the following species: Julii, trilineatus, or sterbai)
School of Otocinclus
Nerite Snails

I can't wait to start adding plants and stocking the tank with fish!!!

My "unrealistic" Tank would be::cool:
a 100 Gallon, Planted, Black Water Community Tank with driftwood/roots:
Discus or Altum Angels (or both?)
several schools of different larger species of Tetras
a couple Bristle nose Pleco (or more?)
Large School or Corydoras catfish

my dream tank would be any tank with a black ghost knife fish. i fell in love with them while in indonesia and have wanted them ever since

This is definitely not realistic but I would love to put a 5000 gallon swimming pool in the ground and convert it into a pond complete with landscapes and plants. Plecos are my favorite so I'd want to see at least one in there

On a more realistic and safe note, I'm currently planning a project to go in my spare 10g with endlers, cherries, and a nerite that I'm pretty excited about. I would die to have a 30-55g though
Like Ohio fish rescue!

I'm currently working on my dream tank... Well, it is my "realistic" dream tank anyway. :D I also have an "unrealistic" dream tank that I will share with you as well...

My "realistic" dream tank is a 55 gallon, planted community tank.
It is set up already with a sand substrate and lots of driftwood. No plants or fish yet...
It is currently undergoing a fish-less Cycle (I'm on Day 10 right now, so I will be testing the water when I get home from work, to see where I am at in the Cycle)
Once the tank has fully Cycled in a few weeks, I will start adding plants and fish.

I will be adding hardy, low-med light plants so that I wont have to use a gas CO2 setup. I will just use a liquid fertilizer such as Flourish, and root tabs.

Fish I plan on stocking the tank with:
Several Silver or Marbled Hatchet fish (OR Brown Pencil Fish?)
School of Rummy nose Tetras
School of Harlequin Rasboras
School of Neon or Cardinal Tetras
a couple pairs of either Dwarf Gouramis or Bolivian Rams, or maybe Apistogramma?
School of Corydoras catfish (All from one of the following species: Julii, trilineatus, or sterbai)
School of Otocinclus
Nerite Snails

I can't wait to start adding plants and stocking the tank with fish!!!

My "unrealistic" Tank would be::cool:
a 100 Gallon, Planted, Black Water Community Tank with driftwood/roots:
Discus or Altum Angels (or both?)
several schools of different larger species of Tetras
a couple Bristle nose Pleco (or more?)
Large School or Corydoras catfish
Itā€™s interesting corys are in everyoneā€™s dream tank even though theyā€™re so easy to keep for beginners

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back