Double Sword Guppies

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fish48

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Double Sword strain thay have been kept in a 3 foot tank and inbreeed for 13 years no new blood as ever been added
they are still as healthy as they were all those years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_2810 (640x468).jpg
    IMG_2810 (640x468).jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 305
The only reason inbreeding is bad, is because IF there is a negative recessive trait hidden SOMEWHERE in their bloodlines, inbreeding could bring it out. But that's where SELECTIVE breeding comes into play too. If you have babies developing issues, you eliminate those parents from the breeding program. But inbreeding itself is not that bad, as most people think.

I  agree inbreeding is not a bad in fact it's good for them . these days we have more variety and quality .
There is a lack of understanding and a myth about guppy’s  being too inbred.  90% of the time if a guppy is sick or dies it's [SIZE=14.6667px]blamed on inbreeding.[/SIZE]

They look amazing, I would personally just get some wild guppies and breed with some of your tail males, should still get the double tail but with the diversity of the wild guppies that are super hardy compared to guppies these days and will give you a fresh injection of dna into the strain

i keep wild guppy's / probably get some nice looking fish from them its time and tank space lol.

IMG_1645 (640x521) - Copy.jpg

fish48 enough with the guppies and get back to breeding proper livebearers

Most reactions

trending

Back