Double birth

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ellie123

Reaction score
my platy gave birth earlier in the week and tonight so far she has just given birth to 2 more fry, is this normal?

Some platies or mollies will keep some of theirfry until she feel safe.

I agree with others. Sometimes they can hold onto a few. Perhaps something startled her and stopped labor. She could have even gotten worn out in labor and stopped.

I have had them drop fry and stop and then start again a day later. Totally normal. Congrats on the babies

Do you have a hiding spot for platy?
I have loads of plants for the platy to feel more secure in but when I spot the fry in the tank occasionally I will put them in the breeding trap however I have just over 10 in there and I’m very aware that I will run out of space x

Do you have room for all these fry if most grow to adulthood? Not trying to rain on your parade :)I love fry but also had them take over tanks as they grew older and tanks get overcrowded. Not long ago I had to give my bother-in-law my red eye tetras because they went from 5 to 17 in 3 months and were starting to crowd out the other fish in my tank. Just something to think about and plan for. Enjoy your fry and fish:fish:

Do you have room for all these fry if most grow to adulthood? Not trying to rain on your parade :)I love fry but also had them take over tanks as they grew older and tanks get overcrowded. Not long ago I had to give my bother-in-law my red eye tetras because they went from 5 to 17 in 3 months and were starting to crowd out the other fish in my tank. Just something to think about and plan for. Enjoy your fry and fish:fish:
I do have enough room for these however I also know that I don’t want my tank to become overcrowded, I plan on giving some of these away once they are big enough

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back