Dosing Flourish Excel

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Reaction score
I am having a major hair algae problem in my Betta tank. I have been adding excel at the recommended dose once a week with my water change. It doesn't seem to be working, can I overdose excel? If so, which dose? It's a 2.5g.

liquid carbon only lasts 24hrs in the water column, hence why it isnt working!!

Dose daily at the reccomended rate. If it is only in a few select spots then you can spot dose - get the dose in a syringe or pippete and squirt it directly onto the algae. do this underwater and turn the filter off for a few mins so it stays around the area a bit longer.

Thanks, Aaron

Thanks for the replies. Yes I am pretty confident I have hair algae, but I also have some sort of weird sludgy looking green algae taking over the plants and gravel. Do you think this is Blue-green algae?

Thanks for the replies. Yes I am pretty confident I have hair algae, but I also have some sort of weird sludgy looking green algae taking over the plants and gravel. Do you think this is Blue-green algae?

sounds like it, cant think of any others that are like that in appearance.

Thanks. Will Excel help rid me of this?

no!
see the algae guide posed above by cro-baller

BGA is caused by low nitrates or a flow issue.
a 3 day total blackout is the best way to rid the tank of this. you will have to sort the cause tho, or it will just come back again!

what are you dosing the tank with?

no!
see the algae guide posed above by cro-baller

BGA is caused by low nitrates or a flow issue.
a 3 day total blackout is the best way to rid the tank of this. you will have to sort the cause tho, or it will just come back again!

what are you dosing the tank with?

Thanks.

I only dose the tank with excel. I knock out a 30-50% w/c once a week. By flow issue do you mean lack thereof? It is a Betta tank, I do have an airpump but it's definitley not heavy flow, so this could be part of the problem.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back