• Yea, add it he has fin rot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

J CZA

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hiya, my crowntail betta has black and curling like tips on his fins. I dont know if its fin rot or not, its hard to tell. I got the meds for if it is fin rot. If anyone can tell me how to uplode a photo please tell me, the file is to large.

It is not finrot and I would not treat the tank.

Finrot is usually caused by a bacterial or protozoan infection and it literally eats away the fins and fin rays (the hard bits in the fin). The best way to prevent finrot and other diseases is to keep the tank clean by doing regular water changes and gravel cleans.

The black tips simply look like colouration and the fish looks healthy, at least from what is in the picture :)

Thanks, thats a releaf. His tank is always cleen. Hes in a 10 gal and he loves the larger tank.I was getting worried.
It is not finrot and I would not treat the tank.

Finrot is usually caused by a bacterial or protozoan infection and it literally eats away the fins and fin rays (the hard bits in the fin). The best way to prevent finrot and other diseases is to keep the tank clean by doing regular water changes and gravel cleans.

The black tips simply look like colouration and the fish looks healthy, at least from what is in the picture :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back