Dollar Tree Moss

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Sincerelylidia

Reaction score
I wanted to know if it’s possible or safe to use the moss you find in dollar tree inside of a tank? I believe it’s floral moss.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :hi:

I personally wouldn't... have you considered Java Moss? Its pretty cheap and it grows fast, provided that the tank has enough light.

Thank you. Glad to be here. And hoping to learn lots more. ☺️
I ordered some java moss and various plants. Just waiting for them to come in. Right now I just have carpeting and tall grass in my tank.
I only asked because i had it on hand and wanted to see if it was suitable.
Thank you for your reply.

No problem!

But I would still not suggest you add it in your tank. Just wait for your moss. Hope to see you around the forum! :fish:

Ok, sounds good.

If you have any questions about your plants when they come in, just ask. Hope to see you around the forum! :fish:

I have used plastic plants but I think the moss would fall apart and make a mess. Not sure what chemicals could be in it either.

I have used plastic plants but I think the moss would fall apart and make a mess. Not sure what chemicals could be in it either.
I grow land moss in a tank with success and no diseases and no deaths in the tank :)

I grow land moss in a tank with success and no diseases and no deaths in the tank :)
I tired that about a year ago... It looked good at first, but after a while, it fell apart and made the tank super nasty.

The only thing i think the dollarstore moss could be used for with an aquarium... a background mat for the OUTSIDE of the aquarium. Could be interesting.

Tbh, maybe a project i may try for one of my tanks :p

The only thing i think the dollarstore moss could be used for with an aquarium... a background mat for the OUTSIDE of the aquarium. Could be interesting.

Tbh, maybe a project i may try for one of my tanks :p
That sounds really cool actually

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back