Dollar per gallon sale??

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I have never bred fish before but if you are hurting for space, can you use large trash buckets until you can get some aquariums?

I have never bred fish before but if you are hurting for space, can you use large trash buckets until you can get some aquariums?
Many of us use food safe storage containers and totes as temporary tanks and quarantine tanks.

My mom would never let me use food storage containers for fishkeeping purposes....

My mom would never let me use food storage containers for fishkeeping purposes....
Well, I AM the Mom now so I can do what I want to. :) Seriously, we use them only for fish and they are bought for that purpose. Not Tupperware style, I’m talking like 10 gallon totes.

I just had a 29g blow the bottom out 2 weeks ago and was forced to over pay for a replacement. I really need a couple of 40 breeder's for fry. Right now I'm overrun with electric blue Acuras. Three large spawns in as many months.
And I still have the Gold and marble Angel's
Spawning every few weeks.

I'm waiting 3 to 5 weeks now for my aquaculture licence.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Wow! Breeding fish sounds like a lot of work! :blink: The only fish I have ever bred were guppies and I didn't even do that on purpose! :lol:

Yep, addicting. MTS is a hard addiction to break and no rehab facilities to help.
JUST SAY NO! (lol)

Wow! Breeding fish sounds like a lot of work! :blink: The only fish I have ever bred were guppies and I didn't even do that on purpose! :lol:
LOL - I have 100-200 swordtails growing out in the basement (have already sold 100+ fish to LFS. Sometimes I think culturing live foods (daphnia, micro worms, grindal worms, white worms) is more work than breeding/raising fry.

JUST SAY NO! (lol)

LOL - I have 100-200 swordtails growing out in the basement (have already sold 100+ fish to LFS. Sometimes I think culturing live foods (daphnia, micro worms, grindal worms, white worms) is more work than breeding/raising fry.
I do So agree! The fry are fine but the nutrition is the work. Hatching the brine shrimp and growing out the daphnia is the hard part. Then, I have to worry about color enhancement products for goldfish as color is the first thing the Lfs look at. No money in it at all. I do benefit from credit at the Lfs though. Right now I have about 70 Shubunkins and I sold 65 black moor fry to a Lfs. All I basically get for all of the work is my yearly pond food. You have to love the hobby.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back