Dojo

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Pigeonjamie

Reaction score
Can I get some help i am new to dojo keeping. I found a lump on the side of my dojo it is 4 months old and about 5 in long I have two in a 55gl the other one has no lumps. It is not acting any diffent.please please help

Attachments

• 20200124_223909.jpg
    20200124_223909.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 54
Can I get some help i am new to dojo keeping. I found a lump on the side of my dojo it is 4 months old and about 5 in long I have two in a 55gl the other one has no lumps. It is not acting any diffent.please please help
I'm assuming you've tested your water, do the normal weekly water changes, temperature & water flow are right for the species, etcetera? Nothing sharp in the tank? I've never seen a bump like that, but I've seen all sorts of little defects on fish through the decades, all of whom (like my one-eyed cory) lived out their allotted lifespans. If your water is good, the bump is under & not on the skin, & the fish aren't fighting ~ and if Lumpy continues to act normally ~ I wouldn't worry about it. These dojo loaches are farm raised, and it could be a blemish from inbreeding or some such; if it is, there's nothing you can do about it.

I absolutely adore loaches! Linda

I had one die on me after being in perfect health and a fast grower. I can't really say what caused the swelling..but just a couple of days after seeing it like that it died. It could have been a blockage..or internal parasites.
I suspect that almost a year in a warm aquarium was not good for a cold water fish. I wouldn't doubt they need a few months of chilly waters. Not in stone..but so many cold water fish kept in aquariums just run through their lifespans.
It was my first time with them in an aquarium. My other try many years ago was outdoors in my pond at the time.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back