Doing Things Right.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bUcky

Fishaholic
Reaction score
...havent posted here in awhile!

ok i wanted to do one of my hex 5 gallons over again. im budgeting 50 bucks to do this since i have most of the things i need and its a small tank.

my other 3 10 gallon planted tanks were done very cheap but i wanted this one done right.

what i wanted to do is place only plants in the center of the tank, taking up half of the floor, and then using bigger river rock to cover up the smaller substrate under that.

what im really asking for is since i really wont be able to use fert tabs, what is the best substrate to use? i have liquid ferts but i really dont like them as good as the tabs. and wheres the best place t buy them online?

thanks alot ill probably need more help once i solve this problem.

bUck

Buck

I'd suggest you have a look at ADA Aquasoil Since your in the US you can buy from ADG in Houston-look them up: Aquarium Design Group. A lot of people have been using this substrate recently with huge success-it is very rich in nutrients and is ideal where you don't want to use other substrate additives. There are some other things you could try should budget allow, such as adding some ADA Powersand. Again, go to ADG website to read about it. They also sell liquid ferts too. If you want to see how you might use this substrate I have recently done a Journal on the Aqua Essentials forum here in the UK-look up the AE website and have a look if you'd like some more info.

Regards,
Nick

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back