Doing My First Big Run Next Month!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Carp4U

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Doing the Sandstone Run next month. It's a 10k (6 mile) off-road run along the Sandstone Trail, in Cheshire- www.sandstonerun.co.uk.
To raise money for the NSPCC too. My dads done a lot of running, including the London Marathon twice and he said I'd be able to do it.

I walk my dog every night, and I cycle to school every day which is 5 hilly miles each way and usually takes me 30 minutes. I'm pretty fit anyway, and I'm always on the move. I could comfortably run 2 miles before I started training as such. I've managed to run 3.7 miles on road with lots of uphills in about 37 minutes which isn't very good. I feel that I should be much fitter than this, I've done it a few times now. I'm running at least every other day, sometimes going shorter.I'm hoping to do a 6 mile run this weekend to see how I find it.

I've really struggled with my training so far- I can't give up now though. I feel annoyed that I should be so much fitter because I exercise so much! I'm eating a lot (and plenty of sugar). I'm 15, if that's relevant. Any other runners have any advice or tips for me?

I am it the Royal Marines,therefore do a lot of running.

if you are looking to improve your time then you could try fartlek training heres an example

10 minutes warm up jog

Sprint hard for 30 seconds, jog for 90 seconds (repeat three times). Repeat again with 15 seconds less recovery. Continue to repeat, reducing recovery by 15 seconds until your intervals consist of 30 seconds sprint, 15 seconds jog.

10 minute warm down

if you google it you will find loads more examples and info

It is hard work but you will be plesently supprised by the speed of the results and you mwill be knocking loads of time off.

Chris

Most reactions

Back